The Ghassan Kanafani Cultural Foundation (GKCF( was founded
as la Lebanese NGO on July 8th 1974, on the 2nd anniversary
of the martyrdom of Ghassan Kanafani, author, journalist,
artist and spokesman for the Palestinian people.
The Foundation runs kindergartens and habilitation centers
with a capacity for 625 children, in the Palestinian refugee
camps and deprived areas in Lebanon. GKFC's outreach program
for disabled children, children's libraries, art centers
and clubs benefit another 500 children.
The foundation has four committees: administrative, educational,
fundraising and projects.
The total number of dedicated staff members working within
GKFS's programs and projects is almost one hundred, in addition
to many volunteers.
- Publishing Ghassan Kanafani's literary works in Arabic
and other languages.
- Establishing and running both kindergartens for children
aged 3 to 6 years and habilitation centers for children
with disabilities in deprived areas.
- Establishing and running libraries and art centers for
children and other children.
- Integrating activities between disabled children and
- Training teachers and other staff members.
- Promotion cultural and social activities.